26 April 2010

desirable plants this year

A small list. Very small list.

Want . . .
  • Agastache 'Blue Fortune': If Sydney Eddison calls this one of her favorite plants, then it's one of my favorite plants, too. I've noticed some agastache blooming, I think, near the subway I take to work, and I love the look, as well as well as the aromatic foliage.
  • Amsonia hubrichtii: Again with Sydney Eddison! Actually, the thready foliage of this plant turns gold in the fall and would be a nice echo of the fall gold of balloon flower (Platycodon grandiflorus)
  • Aster laevis 'Bluebird': Love asters, and this one is a beautiful sky blue.
  • Aster lateriflorus 'Lady in Black': Dark foliage and light purple flowers.
  • Baptisia 'Purple Haze': To round out the triumvirate of baptisia I am planting. Just planted 'Carolina Moonlight' last week.
  • Hydrangea quercifolia: This is one of those shrubs I've been wanting to grow for ever, and I keep not getting my hands on it.
Got!
  • Calamagrostis 'Karl Foerster': Alan wanted to relieve himself of two very overgrown pots of this grass that I have been cogitating on for years. I will divide the contents of each crowded pot into four plants apiece, so I will have eight (count 'em) EIGHT plants! Thank you, Alan!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful list, Jared. :) I can't wait to see everything in bloom. Dahlias this year? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a list once...what did I do with it. i'm a fan of agastache and have loads of it.

    I am listing to Carol of the Bells by Celtic Women and was thinking of the beautiful CD you sent me. It's in my car and cycles through quite often on my player. I smile every time it does.

    Hugs to you two today!

    ReplyDelete