06 January 2010

“starflake” on barn from road

The starflake has become somewhat of a landmark for us. We see it as we career our way to the top of the driveway (need to spread a little more sand on the slippery parts, that’s for sure). It’s the first thing I look for when I get out of bed. B uses it as a meditation point in the mornings when he does his reading. And then, thanks to the spotlight, it’s the last thing I see before I turn out the light and go to sleep.

It’s a real focal point. It’s large. It’s different from anything around it.

This is useful information.

4 comments:

  1. I'm always so thrilled to see your posts! The starflake is wonderful. Your BARN is wonderful! In fact, just about everything at Pleasant Hill, including the people who live there, are wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's huge and beautiful, that snowflake! I am amazed how much snow you got there! Part of it might be our snow that got lost and never found our corner of the world. We haven't had one single snowflake here (our part of the Pacific NW, state WA). Our Christmas was merry, but very green. Last time we had a green Christmas was 2005. We hope that you will share and send some of the white stuff our way. I was thinking of you, Jared, recently. My blog is celebrating its first anniversary, and you were one of the first commenters. You were the one who identified my unknown plant (Silene armeria). Thank you! I hope you'll have a healthy and happy year. Happy gardening and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:07 PM

    This is the most wonderful thing I have seen for barn decor. This must be absolutely beautiful at night with light shining on. Must be a sight to see. The picture truly gives the look of twinkling(sp). Good Job and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the star flake is cool. One note though - the word is careen not career. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete