23 January 2009

new photo effect: tilt-shift

Kris over at Blithewold learned how to apply a nifty “tilt-shift” effect to photographs that makes them look like miniatures. She wrote a post about it and provided a link over to a site called TiltShiftMaker that will create the effect on any photograph you have. I uploaded a shot of the prayer shack and tilt-shifted it, and I think the result is pretty magical.

A different perspective is always welcome!

For the sake of comparison, here’s the original:

Pretty darn cool.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely cool! I'll have to try this one...your subject is perfect. I love the red of the prayer shack (love THAT too) against the stark whiteness of the snow. Perfect! (I'd frame that and hang it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I just might frame it! I'd love to see some of your photos with this effect. Kris says that it's a little addictive, noodling with photographs. I'd seen tilt-shifted photos as headers on another blog I visit and I wondered how it was done. Just putting some of the photo out of focus seems to do it. I don't know if it's more than that . . . Kewl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's waaay cool! Thank you for the links, now I want to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lisa, now I want to go and Obamaify myself. Wonderful photo of you! Hope you have some fun with your tilt-shifting!

    ReplyDelete