11 January 2009

dahlias, late summer 2008

The last of the cell phone pictures: Dahlias from the summer. I had enormous good luck with the dahlias this past year. After the killing frost, I dug the tubers, labeled them, and am storing them in tubs of peat moss in the basement for the winter. Each little tuber grows into a plant, so if I plant them all this spring, I’ll have a boatload of dahlia plants this summer. Amazing! Where to plant them all?

At any rate, here are the dahlias out by the chicken coop. Again, no real detail, because my phone doesn’t allow for that, but you can see that the plants were a good five to six feet tall by the end of the summer. Thrilling!



4 comments:

  1. Ah, Jared -- the beautiful dahlias! What lovely colors! I'm so happy to see a photo of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. J, I'd not been to visit in a long time... and enjoyed going back through your older posts. I found the one where you used your cell phone, and really liked the fuzzyness of the photographs. :-)

    I'm glad your camera has fixed itself... Merry Christmas! Now that we're in the midst of winter, we'll see what 2009 brings. Keep Warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much of a photo, but you get the idea. I'll have a ton of dahlias next summer, you wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! They are beauties for certain. I think you phone did just fine. I can see them clearly.

    ReplyDelete