28 May 2008

bought and planted this past weekend

B, Alan, and I went to Williamstown, Massachusetts, on Sunday morning to visit friends. On the way back home, we stopped off in Shaftsbury, Vermont, at Clear Brook Farm, where B bought herbs and vegetable plants for his garden, and I bought the following:
  • Camassia quamash: B saw this and said, “We NEED that in the garden.”
  • Artemisia “Powis Castle”
  • Aquilegia hybrida “Songbird Blue Bird”
  • Lobelia cardinalis
  • Lupinus, red-flowered
  • Nicotiana alata
The camassia and artemesia were largish pots for a largish-pot price, but the columbine, lobelia, lupine, and nicotiana were six to a pack for $3.95 per pack. I LOVE Clear Brook Farm for their small perennials in six packs. I’ve bought a number of these six packs over the past few years, and the plants always thrive.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the lobelia cardinalis. A friend gave me 20 plants last fall and I'm happy to see most of them survived and are growing well - probably will bloom this year. I've read they much prefer to be frozen solid through the winter; otherwise they tend to rot or drown. In your more northerly clime, they should do well.

    ReplyDelete