29 April 2008

greedy me

More plants, please!
  • “Blanc Double de Coubert,” a rugosa rose I read about in that NYT article about weekend gardeners. Seems like one I should have for the slope.
  • Potentilla fruticosa “Katherine Dykes,” is still on my list. I can’t find a local source for it. I e-mailed a few nurseries in the area tonight, but I may end up mail-ordering it soon.
  • Sambucus “Black Lace” (I typed “Sambuca” and then realized that was the name of the Italian liqueur; whoops!)
  • Hemerocallis flava, lemon lily
Okay, that’s it for the moment. I’ll think of more, no doubt.

2 comments:

  1. I have sambucus Black Lace and Black Beauty and Sutherland Gold and the standard .. I guess I have a thing for Elderberry ? LOL
    Great plants Jared !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sambucus just arrived on my radar. I love how it looks, and I'd really like some dark-leaved plants. I think they're really special looking. I have a purple-leaved cotinus that's settling in to the flower bed, and it makes me happy to look at it next to a shasta daisy.

    Get me some elderberries! (Do you use the berries for anything?)

    ReplyDelete